Preparing Christians for Service
Christian Life and Witness is a four lesson course preparing members of participating churches to serve in evangelism and outrerach events sponsored by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Through this course, thousands of Christians have been inspired, renewed and equipped to be effective as they serve as counsellors at Billy Graham outreach and evangelism events and crusades worldwide. It is our prayer that those who undertake this course will have a fresh sense of God at work in and through their life.
Who is the Christian Life and Witness Course for?
It is for members of churches participating in Come Together and Reality events. When you became a Christian, He gave you new life by the power of His Spirit in you. It is the knowing and sharing of this new life that this course is designed to strengthen. All followers of Jesus Christ can benefit from sharing together in this way.
Why is this course necessary?
In the Christian life there are always new lessons to learn. For those who are serving at Billy Graham outreach events it is of special importance. This course will equip each of us to effectively share our faith. Anyone desiring to serve at a Come Together or Reality event is required to complete this course.
Purpose of the Christian Life and Witness Course:
- WALK—The Apostle Paul wrote about a daily relationship: “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him.” Colossians 2:6
- WITNESS—The Apostle Peter gives us insight into evangelism: “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” 1 Peter 3:15
- WORKERS—Jesus told us how to pray: “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2
- FOLLOW-UP—Paul helps us to understand the goal of our ministry: “We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.” Colossians 1:28
- INVESTMENT—What we learn must be shared with others: “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.” 2 Timothy 2:2
- REVIVAL—What we pray and long for: “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:13–14